Tuesday 9 August 2011

Calling all entries for the 2011 Back To School Wardrobe Challenge


The bags are packed.
The house and dog-sitter is installed.
The taxi booked and I will be on my way to Spain very soon.
Before I go I'd like to direct you to Imogen's brilliant blog where I am guest poster.
Just click on the word Imogen.
If you haven't visited her blog you are in for a treat.
I will be back at the end of August which made me think....
how about a Back To School Capsule Wardrobe Contest for week beginning September 5th?
If you are interested sign up in the comments box.
If you want to know more take a look at the past few challenges- just click on the date.
2008
2009
2010
2011
If you want to take part I have an update on the rules.
Following on the success of 30 for 30 challenge I suggest a 5 for 5 during the Five Day Challenge.
For five working or non-working days - Monday to Friday beginning September 5th you can select five clothing items from your wardrobe and unlimited shoes/accessories.
If it rains or is unseasonably cold then coats and outer jackets may be excluded but your five items must be what you wear during the bulk of the day.
Can't wait to see how you creative fashionistas rise to the challenge.
And, as always, there will be a small prize drawn at random from everyone who officially signs up on the comments page here.
I will leave you with one of my favourite holiday shots taken the first time we went to Barcelona.
My four children holding hands and taking a leap of faith together with dad's safe hands waiting in the pool.
At the time my children were 5, 8, 10 and 13.
Today they are 11, 14, 16 and 19.
See you soon,
Jane X

9 comments:

  1. Have an absolutely brilliant time. I'd play with you but I'm away for that week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be on honeymoon so I can't take part, but I'm gald you're doing this again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I ever stopped to comment my congratulations, both to you and your son, for your recent scholastic achievements. Having 4 myself, and having gone back to school as a "mature student," I know what a huge challenge that must have been.
    Also wanted to say what a fun interview that was with Imogen.
    AND to say that I'm mulling over what five pieces to choose so that I can join in the fun of your Capsule Wardrobe Challenge once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in, Jane! I loved the last 5 for 5 you did, and I'm totally up for it again! My challenge is going to be that I have jury duty on Sept 6th! Yikes!

    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I was really looking forward to this, but now I will have to skip it, I'm afraid - I have a very urgent pressing deadline for a translating job and there is absolutely no way I could think about what to wear, let alone post about it every day, I'll be spending the following weeks in my pyjamas behind the computer...:)
    Next time, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...