Thursday 24 January 2013

Go West

 
I love the cowgirl appeal of this shirt which I picked up from the sale section at Gap Kids a few years back.
It is a boy's shirt, aged 9-10 and much roomier than my size (UK) 10 shirts.
Although I am petite (5ft 1in) I am quite top heavy which means finding shirts particularly difficult.
 
If I size up then they are just too big on the shoulders.
If I wear my true size then the buttons strain and leave unsightly gaps.
I have some lovely tailored shirts but I have to wear a cami underneath which makes them look a little bulky.
 
 
Thanks to Gap Kids I don't have that problem today.
 
I wore:
Boots - Boden
Skirt - Noa Noa
Shirt - Gap Kids
Body - Marks and Spencer

8 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem - shirts often make me look ummmm flat chested and rather manly! You look great in this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pretty much given up on button-front shirts, they are NEVER cut to accommodate boobs, and they gape horribly. Your check shirt looks fab though, especially with the tan boots. I don't think I would fit into anything in the kids section! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find that the Boden sizing is accurate? I see that you are a Boden fan and I often hesitate because their conversion chart I'm not sure about. I do love just about every thing in those catalogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you for checking the boys department and finding such a cute shirt. I like your Western look.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute cute. As always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look marvellous as a cowgirl! the boots are a perfect addition. I love blue-red checkered fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love checkered blouses! Beautiful! Kisses x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, guess you never know where you will find clothes with the perfect fit!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...