Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Write Start



As a child I always loved the first day of a new term.
As a teacher I still get excited.
I look forward to a new start, catching up with my colleagues' news and feel a burst of creative energy.
Yesterday was no different.
It was a busy day full of challenges with a perfect ending.
It was the first day of our new writing group.
Last year we had a small group of 3, or if we were lucky, 4.
This time we had 10 student along with the college principal.
The principal and I have enjoyed many chats about writing in the past 12 months and I knew she wanted to come but never expected to see her.
I introduced the concept of Free Writing based on Natalie Goldberg's writing practice principles and we all had a go.
It was so uplifting to meet such a wonderful group of like-minded people.

Today I wore:
Shoes - Clarks
Dress-Boden

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good writing group. You look ready to lead them in your cheerful red.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased for you that the group is working out really well, it must be great to see people appreciate and put your knowledge to good use xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you had a good start!
    Your red dress is fabulous, I love the cheerful pattern. oh and I love the Mary Janes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I always get excited when a term begins.
    I am going back (again!) to school, i start next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing group sounds great!

    And, Jane - that Boden dress looks stunning. I bought it in navy & am beginning to wish I'd gone for the red. Just gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW I see the new Boden Spring offeringS include a Loulou dress in red. It has your name written all over it!

      Delete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...